Author Topic: Suden nasty grinding sound  (Read 24203 times)

lurowl

• View Profile
    • LS Electronics Group
Re: Suden nasty grinding sound
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2016, 03:45:48 PM »
I have checked everything you have suggested and all seems fine. I have then taken the driver card from a working machine and placed in the faulty machine and everything seems fine. so it does look like the card has failed. I have managed to source a replacemnet driver card from e-bay for $150 and a replacemnet PMM5301 for very cheap, just got a month to wait from them. We are going to try your fix in the meantime to get us going while we wait. Do you remeber what mosfet you used in your repair?

spiyda

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2016, 06:52:54 PM »
Mike,

not to hijack the thread, but is that the same as these ?     http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181898874401

Chris

Mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2016, 08:10:28 PM »
Mike,

not to hijack the thread, but is that the same as these ?     http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181898874401

Chris
same partno and manufacturer, and worth a put at that price, though it says used.

I replaced my bodges with new modules when I got them, you're welcome to my "fixed" module if you want it - PM me your postal address.

Mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2016, 08:13:21 PM »
I just ordered 5 of the Ebay ones, so if they turn out to be OK I'll have some spare UK stock for future emergencies.

spiyda

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2016, 11:29:11 PM »
I just ordered 5 of the Ebay ones, so if they turn out to be OK I'll have some spare UK stock for future emergencies.

The price suddenly trebled !

lurowl

• View Profile
    • LS Electronics Group
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2016, 04:10:16 PM »
Hi Mike

We have tried your fix from the video but still have a simular problem. Do you know what MOSFET you used or can you recomend a MOSFET for us to try?

Mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2016, 05:06:03 PM »
I've received the Ebay ones - the leads don't look like they've been unsoldered but 2 have heatsink compound in the gap between case and baseplate, so maybe the leads have been cleaned up. To be fair they were marked as used. Haven't tested them, buy x-rayed a few & no obvious signs of damage

Jason

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2016, 09:12:08 AM »

I'd also reccommend putting some fast blow fuses inline with the supply to each stepper driver - hopefully this would blow before the bond-wire in the hybrid in the case of a short

I'm just doing some refurb. Do you have a suggested current value for the Fast Blow fuses?

Mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2016, 11:39:19 AM »

I'd also reccommend putting some fast blow fuses inline with the supply to each stepper driver - hopefully this would blow before the bond-wire in the hybrid in the case of a short

I'm just doing some refurb. Do you have a suggested current value for the Fast Blow fuses?
Don't recall what I used - think I measured the draw and used whatever the next higher value was I had in the box.