Z Reset Switch

Started by SkyWalker, March 02, 2011, 12:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyWalker

As the heading says:  can anyone tell me were to get a replacement Z reset switch for an RV4s.
Hopefully it can be sourced locally and quickly.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Gopher

Best bet almost certainly has to be to ask davidc who has at least some spares. However, given (if I'm looking at the right switch) its mounted with an adustable position, I suspect that changing it may require some calibration.

Funtimes

phonoplug

I'm also not in front of the machine at the moment, but I thought it was an optical beam sensor that detected when the head was in its highest position. Is that the sensor you are talking about? If so I think its a fairly standard thing.

I don't think you will need any re-calibration if its position is adjusted. Having said that, any saved jobs will need the board height setting again, and the feeder position heights too. Also I guess the tool holder. And vision height above component camera. Ah, ok you got me. Probably best not to adjust its position.

davidc

its a mechanicaly activated optical sensor... figure that out. and the position of it is very important. it can all be reset with the right tools.... :-X which i have..

SkyWalker

it is indeed 'that' sensor. A mechanically activated optical sensor as davidc says. sourced one from my local 'handy person to know' who has seen as many of the RV's as david probably has.....figure that out!

Anyhow, with careful removal and replacement of said sensor there was no need for any recalibration. Replacement was within a thou of the original. after replacement i just checked the tool park positions and a sample boards height, same with a feeder pick position just to be doubly sure. Have since run over a thousand boards on that particular machine without any problems.

Gopher