OTF & ghost pictures

Started by dirk1980, July 20, 2020, 04:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirk1980

Hello,
I have had problems with the OTF camera for several weeks.
It started with the fact that I had gotten ghost pictures, after cleaning the contacts everything went again for a few days.
Then the lighting failed (cable break) and no component has been recognized since.
I cleaned the camera lens and the mirror.
In the setup menu I can see all pictures cleanly and the calibration works without problems.
Only in operation I have ghosting or pixels that are recognized as a component and thus interfere with the recognition.

Does anyone have a tip for me?

Mike

I've seen an issue that looks like it's getting the fields of the interlaced video frame the wrong way round or similar-a comb-like appearance on edges. I think it can happen if the video signal disappears, e.g. bad video or camera power connection.  Once it starts, it happens consistently until power on everything is cycled
I think I saw it when I powered up the RV box before the PC. Haven't seen it since I made a habit of allowing the pc to boot before turning the machine power on

Mike

If it's stray pixels etc. Try tweaking the camera threshold. Also check for marks, paste etc. On the lower face of the nozzle

dirk1980

The PC is always on first, when everything is running I switch on the RV box.
The nozzle is clean!
The pictures are also good when I look at the 3 cameras in the Config menu.

The camera threshold should still fit, I've already placed over 30,000 parts with it.

I'll check the camera voltage.
I will also clean the contacts again.

dirk1980

Voltage on the camera is 9V and the plugs are also clean.

Does anyone have the pinout of the DSP board - RV box cable?

dirk1980

I measured again exactly and I have on the connector with the 12V for the LED 8.58V.
So not exactly 9V can that be the problem?

And if so where is the voltage regulator?

Mike

Regulator is on the PCB on the side of the arm.

dirk1980

I changed the voltage regulator but nothing changes.
The voltage regulator also gets extremely warm.

An external power supply (9V 195mA) does not help either.
Checked the camera with a TV card and the pictures are the same.

I just don't believe that 2 cameras are defective at the same time.

Mike

Might help if you could post pics of what you are seeing.
Also, if you set the cam threshold way off, so it sees no features,
think it shows the greyscale video image-this may be helpful in identifying issues. Could be a wierd issue with the capture card, or maybe a video ground off, so noise from somewhere is causing interference.
A regular issue is the IDC 0.1" headers used in various places-may be worth replacing the ones on the arm board with crimped or soldered ones like JST or Molex. Maybe also put a scope on the camera power to see if there's any noise or glitches.
I thing the video signal passes through a relay on the arm board to switch between otf and fixed cams. If monitoring the video, ty to do it at the input of the capture card

dirk1980

The RV4S is working again, why?

Only the whole part recognition doesn't work so well anymore, but i'm working on it.