Anyone want any brass inserts for nozzles?

Started by alanambrose, October 03, 2018, 10:43:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanambrose

I'm getting some quotes for these and it seems they need to be made in a big-enough quantity, e.g. 100-off, to be economical. Anyone interested? This is the 'RVT07' design:

http://www.anagram.net/nuts/Versatronics/Nozzles/RVT07.pdf

Alan

Mike

alanambrose

BTW the best quote I have atm is ~£7 each in 100-off.

A.

alanambrose

alanambrose

OK have ordered 100 of these if anyone needs any.

Alan

Mike

alanambrose

>>> How much did they end up costing?

Waiting for the duty charges to come through, but about $5 a piece. I went with some guys I had used before to reduce the risk a bit.

Alan

Mike

I'll take ten - PM me with cost & payment details - Paypal easiest,  BACs if not.

trev

Did you get a final priced worked out for these?

Trev

alanambrose

Sorry to be slow to reply - I've been quite busy. It was ~£3 each plus shipping, duty etc. Say, £35 + VAT for 10 shipped?

Alan

Mike

I'll take 10 - let me know how you want payment

trev

Are people using 3d printed nozzles with these brass rings?

alanambrose

Yeah I am, but atm it's a bit of a craft industry :). That is, drilling out the 0.4/0.6mm hole is a bit hit and miss, and I find I need to ream out the body a bit to fit the brass insert. I successfully made some smaller o-ring-based nozzles for domed LEDs, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend the process :). The process and fit could be improved given enough time and energy.

I did notice recently that EDM (i.e. tiny) tubing is available and that presumably would make v. exact nozzle tips. Alternatively, simply making a head that accepted off-the-shelf Juki nozzles would presumably do it.

Alan