Author Topic: RV tools  (Read 407 times)

roger

• View Profile
RV tools
« on: June 08, 2018, 02:27:12 PM »
Hi,
I have been at my place of now for the last 2 years as the production engineer.
One of the many tasks is looking after the 4 versatronics Rv4s and their feeders.
Our mobile callout versatronics experienced Engineer is no longer available to us. We used to be able to purchase our pick and place tools from him. Now, I have managed to make the tools myself, but the T6 is proving to be a problem with the vacuum hole - as the smallest I can drill is approx 0.6mm and I am told it is not small enough by the surface mount manager. So, can you advise please of placed to purchase these tools.

Regards

Roger

Mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: RV tools
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 03:13:31 PM »
An option I've used is to to cut a stainless dispensing needle with a dremel grinding wheel, and use this to line a larger hole.

phonoplug

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 09:11:03 PM »
HI Roger - I have a small quantity of newly made T6's, made to the original drawing as posted in here somewhere. Only difference is that we did away with the brass ring insert (that keeps falling out anyway) so just made the neck thicker to take up the space the brass ring would have used. PM me if you want some of them.

Alex Wilkinson
W Technology

alanambrose

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 02:29:20 PM »
Hi Roger,

There are stl files for T6's available to be printed on a Formlabs if you want to go in that direction. These need final drilling also.

>>>  as the smallest I can drill is approx 0.6mm

I'm thinking that if you can drill 0.6mm OK, then the 0.4mm for the T6 should be fine also?

Alan