Author Topic: RV2s/parts  (Read 1237 times)

Mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
RV2s/parts
« on: November 04, 2017, 06:18:42 PM »
In a couple of weeks' time I'll be rescuing an RV1 and two RV2's that were headed for the scrapyard.
To avoid having to hire a van, I'm planning on leaving all the frames and cabinets - these will get scrapped.
If anyone particularly needs frame parts or covers let me know.

There's also about 3 dozen feeders.

I wasn't previously aware of the RV2 - from the pics it looks pretty much the same as the RV1 with no head cover, in different colours and has the connectors on the back instead of underneath.

Jason

• View Profile
Re: RV2s/parts
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 10:47:38 PM »
Are you going to use all the feeders?

Mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 09:26:49 PM »
I'm going to pick up on Wednesday & will take as many feeders as I can get in the car.
No idea of mix, but doubt I'll want more than a couple for myself, so others will be up for grabs at minimal cost.

Jason

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 11:41:46 PM »
I probably have enough feeders overall. However, I'm missing a couple of bits:

I have a 3x12mm+3x16mm which is missing both the tape roller bar and upper reel rack
I have three 10x8mm units all missing their tape roller bars and one broken tape spool

More than willing to pay postage and appropriate extra beer tokens to get these up to scratch.

If location is East Anglia I could possibly help with additional transport if you want to grab more.

Mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 08:47:13 PM »
OK so I now have 3x RV2 and an RV1, and a few feeders. Unfortunately missing lots of small parts - nozzles, PCB supports, feeder bars etc. 
I also have lots of short feeder cables.
AFAICS the RV2  is the same as the RV1s, the only difference from my RV4s is that the connectors are on the back of the arm, not the bottom,  the pump is in the base and there is no cover on the business end of the head.
The PSU/driver box and ISA cards look the same as the RV4s

The RV1 is totally different - no cameras, different head  design and motion control is on a big PCB in the grey box ( will post pics later) . Not planning on reviving this one - might make a nice robot arm project for someone.

They have labels from "BF Entron" if that rings any bells

alanambrose

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2017, 11:27:30 AM »
Hi,

If there's a working 10x8 and a 3x12+3x16 I would happily purchase.

Alan

Mike

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2017, 01:40:53 AM »
BTW "RV2" was a misunderstanding - they were RV1s machines - I suppose as there was an RV1, maybe the RV1s was called an RV2 at some point