Help!! Camera problem

Started by ianh, March 13, 2018, 01:58:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ianh

Help!!
All three of the cameras on my RV4S have stopped working, along with the illuminators.
Any ideas where I should start looking for a cause ?  Any recommended diagnostics etc,
Thanks.

spiyda

ianh

I was thinking the same.
I have also noticed that the two fans in the control box are also not working.

But, I have measured the two power supply modules within the control box and both have 38V DC, and also the +5V regulator on the power board is giving out +5V.
All the stepper motors are working OK (powers up, loads job, finds arm position switches etc, runs warm up OK)

But I cannot locate the +12V (or whatever the +ve supply is for the cameras and LEDs) supply.  Do you know where this supply is located?

Thanks

ianh

OK, I may have found the cause (still debugging though!)

I originally thought that the LM2576T regulator was the +5V, but I have discovered that this is actually the +12V regulator, and it isn't working!
I've ordered a couple from RS and will replace it in the morning.
In the mean time I am going to solder in some flying leads and try powering the +12V externally to see if there are any other issues.
I'll update you all with my findings.

spiyda

Sorry I didn't post this earlier, I had to rush out.. still time to get an RS order in tho  if it is the case...

Check its not the Schottky diode...

I had one fail last year....

see this thread

http://electricstuff.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=srd4f9kec2hrpofbraj1o6muv4&topic=330.msg1756#msg1756

ianh

Hi, Yes, the diode is also short-circuit, so I have ordered a couple of those also.

I've powered the unit up from an external +12V supply and all is working OK now.

I'll replace the faulty part(s) in the morning.