Author Topic: Calibration  (Read 31788 times)

alanambrose

• View Profile
Re: Calibration
« Reply #75 on: April 16, 2020, 04:45:52 PM »
Hi,

I always guessed that the cal camera was the same as the fid camera - mainly because it needs to be fairly small and presumably if you had written a bunch of camera code, you would tend to want to use some of the same code for the cal routines - which I'm suggesting implies the same camera. I can always be wrong. If I remember correctly the fid camera is a Watcom WAT-704R G3.8 - and you can still buy these new (for about £125 + VAT). It would be worth double checking I have remembered the right camera. The specs are here:

https://www.watec.co.jp/English/eng_spec/WAT-704R_G3.8_eng.pdf

Although the Wacom has AGC etc, I would have thought your eBay camera would work as it seems to have similar specs. I remember that there's some camera routines (maybe DOS based) that allow you to test the camera capture from the Imagenation board outside of the RV software. I can dig out my CAD for the holder for the Watcom camera if anyone wants to 3d print that.

Alan

Mickyblueeyes

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 16, 2020, 05:10:24 PM »
Thanks Alan I will look see if I have the dos routines and go from there, the ebay cam has quite a good picture and can be focussed to quite a short distance maybe 10mm off the deck just a pity it isn't working. I didn't go for the Watcom because its quite long and needs to be a fair height above the grid to focus and have the dot at a usable size.

Micky

alanambrose

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 16, 2020, 06:28:04 PM »
Hi Micky,

I think you boot into DOS and the utilities are in an 'Imagenation' directory - it was 3 years ago that I used them.

An image for the sleeve for the cal camera (assuming a WAT-704R) that I designed and had made is below - I've never had the time to test it though. From memory, it was meant to mount instead of the 'nozzle pick-up' - the thing with the two o-rings on - with some slits for the a-axis optical homing switch.

Alan

Mickyblueeyes

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 18, 2020, 01:04:59 PM »
Thanks Alan, I have noticed a possible problem with the Ebay cam and the spec for the Watec mentioned in other posts, my Ebay Cam is PAL 50Hz and I have seen mention of the  EIA spec which is based on the NTSC standard, is the card expecting an NTSC style 60Hz signal?

Micky

alanambrose

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 18, 2020, 05:47:36 PM »
Hi,

No I don't believe so - it's CCIR as far as I know. Unfortunately my RV is about 85 miles away atm otherwise I would check. One possible test is to check the Imagenation utility sees your FID & main cams OK. It might even give some camera data, sorry I can't remember whether it does. I have found though a copy of the PXC 200 docs and utilities:

http://anagram.net/nuts/Versatronics/PXC%20200%20card/

There are two versions of the utilities there - which version I used I'm not sure.

Alan

Mickyblueeyes

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 20, 2020, 10:28:50 AM »
thanks for the files Alan, I will let you know how I get on.

Micky

Jason

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 23, 2020, 09:01:32 PM »
Oooh, more PXC documentation. I'd started reverse engineering this so I could
replace the PXC board with a shim through to modern Windows capture subsystem
but it was slow going and I'd lost enthusiam a bit. This might give me the boost
to see it through, thank you!