how to fix-calibrate z axis -obtain replacement nozzles

Started by smt-user, November 28, 2015, 10:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smt-user

Hi to group

Yeterday my RV4  during placing components sent a message that z switch not found .
After that it decided to move brach while the head was lowered .Ass i understood the tip of
no 6 nozzle was broken .So now i have two problems to solve
1. I bought one omron switch ESA.. but how can somebody align this sensor ?
2. Where can i get replacement nozzles ?
Is there anybody that can assist me since i'm kind of lost at the moment .

SteveW

I don't think you need to calibrate the Z detect - everything it needs to know comes from setting the feeder heights and the PCB heights.
I just changed mine and kept it roughly right, no problems at all.

As for nozzles, I imagine someone will be along soon...
(When my machine was shredding nozzles ('merge moves' and orange belt feeders meant that it would tear the nozzle tip off by moving sideways before it had lifted the nozzle out of the canyon in the feeder), I got into the habit of supergluing nozzles back together. Never entirely satisfactory, but better than writing off yet another good nozzle. Finding where it had thrown the shattered bit was often the most tedious bit.

smt-user

Steve

I have the impression that z-height sets also on the fly camera component center recognition .
I'm not sure though . We really need an expert to clarify that .
Apart from this maintenance is also an issue .Is lubrication necessary ?.
Is there any maintenance manual ?.I would be willing  to pay for such information 
What are the basic tests to make certain everything is correct or needs adjustment .
What are the adjustments ?.
Unfortunately as i see everything is bits and pieces .....
I don't know what somebody would do without such forums.

Mike

Z alignment affects a few things like focus distance for both cameras and tool block position. Not super critical - replacing the sensor as close to the original position as possible should be close enough - maybe use the tool-change test in the setup menu to check and adjust.

Jason

I'm up for some nozzles if there's a batch. I have two #1s which someone
kindly sorted me out with (thanks!) and I turned up a couple of #2s but
one was a poor copy and the other has since experienced head wipe damage.

I'd take "plenty" of each.