Author Topic: Vacuum Pump  (Read 18543 times)

trev

• View Profile
Re: Vacuum Pump
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2019, 04:08:21 AM »
I had a spare original pump so did not need to find a new one or try a China copy. I would probably go down the Ebay route and test a few cheap ones out.

Is the part rotation happening after its picked it up or during transport of the part? Modern cell phones have fantastic slow motion capture on them which could help to see exactly what is happening at pick up.

Trev

SteveW

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2019, 10:51:42 AM »
Just checking that the nozzle's not partly blocked, and that you're dwelling for long enough at pickup time (and not picking from too high).
All of those can cause swivelling. Also, merged moves if the part hits part of the feeder on the way up...

alanambrose

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2019, 10:16:42 AM »
>>> Is the part rotation happening after its picked it up or during transport of the part?
>>> Just checking that the nozzle's not partly blocked, and that you're dwelling for long enough at pickup time (and not picking from too high).

All good points, and the answer is: I'm not sure. I've tried the phone slowmo before but not had much success, will try again.

Alan

spiyda

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2019, 08:11:10 PM »
Looking at it from a different perspective,

the vacuum is too high to reasonably check with a water gauge,
but you could check the output pressure with a simple tyre pressure gauge

0.15 bar should register on most,

just need to make an adapter for the pump outlet to the gauge, maybe an old tyre valve and a bit of tube ?