Feeder Care

Started by Teuneman, October 07, 2010, 08:20:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teuneman

Hi Guys

I Have a few Q's on feeders:

1. How often do you clean your feeders?
2. What do you use to clean the o-rings that tears the plastic off the tape, because I sometimes have a problem where the plastic doesn't  come off and then the part isn't picked up.
3. Do you use any lubricant on the shaft where the plastic bit of the tape is wound up?
4. Indexing on some feeder lanes makes the component bounce out/turn over (I'm O.K. on plastic tape with SOT-23's as they are close to the tearing plate), but paper and plastic tape on i.e. 1206 parts I have problems with as they are further away from the tearing plate.
5. It sounds like the feeder is indexing but doesn't, and with the next index it it works again. Why?

These little problems frustrates me like hell.

I'm getting a couple of RV4's tomorrow and a lot of extra bits including feeders, spares and a calibration kit. I believe there is a lot of usefull info on hard copy too.

I have some CAD drawings if anybody is interested email me.

Thanks

Mike

Quote from: Teuneman on October 07, 2010, 08:20:53 AM

2. What do you use to clean the o-rings that tears the plastic off the tape, because I sometimes have a problem where the plastic doesn't  come off and then the part isn't picked up.
Not tried it on the RV yet but for rubber drive belts I use a product called platenclene, used for cleaning printer platens and restoring grip to rollers - it works very well on these so would espect it to be good for restoring grip on belts.

5. It sounds like the feeder is indexing but doesn't, and with the next index it it works again. Why?
Maybe the pin isn't always coming up - perhaps clogged with tape dust?
I've also had a feeder go erratic due to an intermitent connector from the end-limit switch.