Extracting PnP data from a TFR file

Started by Gopher, June 24, 2013, 04:18:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic


It may or may not be of interest to anyone on here but all of my TFR files were generated using RVGerber. This meant when we acquired a new machine we did not have any "standard" pick and place files for many of our products. To make the process as painless as possible we created a small Java application that extracted the placement data and exported it to a CSV file. In addition it compared the stored part numbers against a CSV export of our correct ones so that part numbers I had made up or typed incorrectly/inconsistently were replaced with genuine ones.

If anyone would like a copy (full source included) do let me know. There are a few bugs/quirks remaining but it was adequate to my needs at the time so these have not been fixed - however with full source that is an option open to all.