Toothed Drive Belts

Started by Sixexe, March 03, 2013, 11:35:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mickyblueeyes

Hi Spiyda  I am looking for drive belts to replace some worn out on my old RV1s before calibrating the machine, how did the synchroflex  belts perform did it help with the placement accuracy?.

Micky

trev

No intending to hijack the thread. Interested to know the answer to the belt question but are you going to perform a full calibration of the machine? It would be really great to get this start to finish process documented along with maybe drawings of the parts required, etc. I have read stuff in other threads but was not sure of the final process and if the calibration was performed with accurate results.

I have a machine I could set up to document this process also and perform tests.

Trev

Mickyblueeyes

Hi Trev, I have a grid and I have bought a miniature camera so when the belts are done I was going to play with it and try and find a simple way to use the calibration options, although maybe the belts will give me back enough accuracy so that I wont need to do it. I have read all the threads on here, it looks like the members are close to solving it.

Micky

spiyda

I changed the belts on my second machine as a matter of course,
it didn't affect the calibration and I'm sure it improved the accuracy.
it gets quite warm under there and the belts go hard and brittle..
they won't snap but loose strands can interfere with the opto switches that are used in the arm position sensors.
If that happens, it could well be a head crash and a broken tool.
they are so cheap, I'd change them anyway..

Chris